Wednesday, June 12, 2013

maps to anywhere


Maps to anywhere blog

            Maps to anywhere is a collection of memoirs in an almost poetic form. One of the first little memoirs stood out to me, and I’m going to tell you why.
            The memoir “The Heralds” I found quite amusing, as it was a very relatable memoir. The idea of religion seeming a little bit suspicious is something that I have always done. There is a passage in the memoir mocking how the book of mormon was made from someone reading through the nipples of Roman armor, which of course doesn't make sense unless your eyes are far apart. I found this quite an amusing thing to read in an assignment.
 I've always had some issues in religion, and it is kind of amusing to read a memoir which has the same point of view. When pointed out "Religion meant people in shrouded heads mumbling in gaudy, I found this really relatable. I have always kind of thought that, and it is nice to hear it out loud.
Maps to Anywhere isn't terrible. It has a few interesting points, although it is a memoir. If there is any memoir I think that should have been read it is "Running with Scissors" which is a very interesting (and  true story). I think that could have been a good read in this class. The stories in this aren't as strange as in that book, but they have good meaning. I kind of feel like I should write my life stories in memoir forms. I think I should do that at one point. 
I had a good time in this class. I guess this will be my last blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment